Jul 03, 2021
Often when we think about a new year, we think about setting goals or making resolutions. One thing I want to stress is this: you don’t have to wait until the new year to set goals or make a change!
Some goals for truck drivers this year could include:
- Accident and incident-free driving record for the year
- Do some type of truck driver exercise 4-5 times a week
- Make healthier food choices at truck stops
Now that I’ve given you some ideas, I’m going to give you 5 tips to help you set and accomplish your New Year’s Resolutions in whatever month/day/year you’re reading this.
1. Write Down Your Goals – Not only will this help you remember those goals, but it will also help you stay on track. Without having a record of your goals, it’s pretty easy to forget about them or overlook them. I don’t just want you to write them down though, you need to look at them! The best time to review your goals is when you first wake up or just before you go to bed.
2. Make Sure Your Have Short-Term, Mid-Term and Long-Term Goals – If you take the time to set a variety of goals, you can use the motivation of accomplishing the short-term goals to keep you on track toward reaching the long-term goals. Create some good momentum early on by knocking out some short-term goals and use this to your advantage!
3. Put A Date On Each Goal – Ask yourself, when do you want Next year can be your best year yet and it’s up to you to put the plan in place to make it happen. It’s never too late or too early to set your goals, resolutions, or whatever you want to call them. It’s all about seeing results and the sooner you good started, the sooner you’ll see the results.
Posted: Jul 03, 2021
Edited: Oct 08, 2021